Monday, September 10, 2012

ConAgra Company Picnic at the Zoo 2012

I cant believe that this is our 5th Conagra picnic at the zoo.  We have lived here a LONG TIME!  I just went through and looked at our previous Zoo Day Posts (kind of fun here are the links... 2008, 2009,  2010, and 2011- true confession, I was missing that one so I just filled it in now).
What I have realized is that when you stay in one place, it makes time go by really quickly.  It doesn't feel like we have lived here that long and I cant believe how much our kids have grown since we got here.  Just this morning I was looking at the newly built houses behind us and thinking how when we moved in I didnt worry really about those houses because in the back of my mind I thought we'd be moving by the time houses were built back there.  Sigh... Oh well.

Back to the zoo.  This year was fun because we spent time at the zoo with the Norlunds, and the Owens and even the Thomas'.  We have figured out the best way to do zoo day is to eat, ride the free stuff a few times and then leave.  On Saturdays the zoo is... a zoo!  Here are the photo highlights...

Waiting in line for the Skyfari and watching the Rhinos.

Here are the boys ahead of us on the skyfari.  I was so nervous Emmitt would fall.  It was a long drop down and if you survive the fall there are wild animals (cheetahs included) that would certainly not welcome you into their enclosures.
Funny story- apparently my skyfari fears are not unfounded.  In the picture below you will see Emmitts shoe that dropped when he was wiggling around on the skyfari.  Down it dropped into the giraffe and Ostrich territory.  So if you see a giraffe wearing or eating a shoe next time you're at the zoo... you'll know why.  Thank goodness it was Emmitts shoe and not Emmitt himself.  Yes next year I think Emmitt and I will skip the skyfari :)


And here is our first train ride of the Day with Jenn, Jay and Aurora.  Emmitt absolutely LOVED the train or "choo choo" as he calls it.  He would have ridden it ten more times if we would've let him. 


And here is our second train ride of the day with Thomas' and Owens.  Fun times.
 
And there was lots of carousel riding- fun for both young and old...




 The picnic lunch was delicious (maybe an overstatement) as usual.  The highlight is the Healthy Choice fudge bars at the end.  (Sorry for the severely overexposed picture... evidence that Manual mode and I still have some work to do :)

And to top it off we finished the day with our friends at our house to watch the BYU football game.  Its such a fun time of year!

1 comment:

Julie G said...

I almost thought that boy on the right was Benjamin! LOL, do you think?