Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Grandmas, and Grandpas, and Birthdays, Oh My!

Last week, we had a visit from our Grandma and Grandpa Matkin. The kids had a great time with them. We watched Brayden play football, we picniced in the park, we caught and played with toads and we even had an early birthday celebration at the Amazing Pizza Machine.We also got a new camera that we played with a bit- hence the purple grass and sepia tone.

On Sunday the girls wore their matching dresses and I wanted a cute picture. Unfortunately this is the best I could get. Oh well "you get what you get and you don't get upset" right?We were sad to see them go but luckily just the next day we got a visit from Oma and Opa- their first trip to see our new Omaha diggs. It was great to have them. They were here for Brayden's birthday so they took the cupcakes to his class at school and Brayden was thrilled to have them there.Mommy and Daddy gave Brayden a new Wii game- Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games- he works up a sweat every time he plays so it must be a good one!
Then at Brayden's request, we were off yet again to the Amazing Pizza Machine. This time when we were checking in at the register one cashier commented to another about how cute Brielle is and the other cashier replied back "yeah, I know- they come here a lot" (that was a sign for me- time to take a break from the pizza machine :)
For some reason its always the grandpas that get roped into the "Wild Ride"
Then Saturday was the big birthday party day. But before we could party, Brayden had a flag football game that Oma and Opa were happy to get to see.I was so lucky to have Opa and Daddy who ran the sports stations fantastically. It was wild and crazy and lots of kids so I think Brayden had fun.
I made football cupcakes- yep those are fondant footballs and you can't really tell from this picture but the top cupcake had a little football goal post thingy- it might have been a cop out from doing a cake but since I had to do cupcakes for his class anyways, so I simplified my life and did the same thing for both.Thanks for coming to all the wonderful grandparents. We are so blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives who love us so much. And Brayden, I hope you had a fabulous birthday- you are the best boy I could ever ask for!
(and if you are wondering, yes now that Brayden reads he is quite interested in checking our blog :)

5 comments:

SOFTLEY FAMILY said...

Very fun cupcakes! Not a cop out at all. Looks like everyone had a great time.

Norlund Clan said...

I love the the cupcakes, and I think the picture of the girls is adorable. We can not wait to see you guys in June.

Grandma Eilie said...

Love the footballs!

Grandma Eilie said...

ps We had a great time! Thanks for having us.

jlthomas said...

Those cupcakes look like just as much work as a cake, those footballs are amazing! I love the girls dresses too, very cute!