Monday, April 27, 2009

Melissa's Utah Trip

Last weekend I did what every mother needs to do once in a while- I went on a little vacation without my kids. My dear sweet wonderful friend Melissa Whitchurch got married on Thursday and I was not going to miss such a big special day so my dear sweet wonderful husband agreed to stay home with the kids so I could go. Originally the plan was to meet my mom and sister there but unfortunately, my mom broke her wrist a couple days before and couldn't go but fortunately (very very fortunately) my brother Scott decided he wanted a little Utah vacay- so he and my sister Julie and I met in Utah for a wedding and a party. So to recap with some brevity here are the highs, the lows, and the pictures...

The highs:
-the wedding of course (they were married in the Provo temple) I just love Melissa Whitchurch and love that she is so happy and love to see her and her family too
-Julie and Scott sibling bonding (We had a good time- lots of laughs- lots of memory making)
-Cousins- We spent a night at my cousin Amy's house and got to see her family and Ginger. They were so much fun to spend some time with and so sweet to host us.
-Shopping -poor Scott put up with way more of this than he wanted but how could I not visit the BYU bookstore, the Quilted Bear, Deseret Book, Provo Town Center etc etc etc
-Food- Cafe Rio, CPK, Zupas, just to name a few...

The Low's:
-My Camera- I bought it on a whim the day I left. I did not want to spend hours researching so I just went and bought one that was cute, small, and cool looking and I thought I had heard or read somewhere that it was a good camera--- but all my precious pictures are grainy and fuzzy so that irritates me greatly.....I took it back to Walmart today.
-Scott got sick- that was a bummer- just a cold- but he didn't let it cramp our style- he was a trooper.
-Kevin wasn't there- a definite low point :( but he did a super job of holding down the fort for me at home so that I could be fancy free in Utah.

And now the pictures:

Here's the culprit of my bad pics- maybe I can prevent this camera from happening to one of you.. though you must admit, it's pretty cute.
Here's us waiting outside the temple...
Here's the Whitchurch crew...
Here's the table I sat at, at the wedding luncheon...And here's me with Melissa at the reception...
Scott and I at the Wilk...fun, fun, fun.It was a great trip.

6 comments:

Emma and Dan said...

I'm so glad that you posted pictures of your trip! Even if they were a bit fuzzy. You should just admit it - you bought the CoolPix camera because you like the commercials with Ashton Kutcher. :)

Melissa W looks so beautiful and happy! You look great too - I love your bright yellow dress! Congrats on getting away with no kids. That must have been so great. I get psyched when I'm able to run to Walmart alone. :)

SOFTLEY FAMILY said...

Good for you! Cute, cute yellow dress. Sorry your camera disappointed.

jlthomas said...

I loved your dress too, very cute! I'm glad you had a good time, I can't wait to go this summer so I can eat at all those yummy places!

Anonymous said...

Great trip and bummer about the camera. That could be so frustrating! Look at Scott! Miss the guy. I love your yellow dress.

Ames said...

We loved having you!! Anytime!

susie harty said...

I had to add my "I love your yellow dress". You look great!