Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Different Perspective

While I felt the blog needed an update, I didn't think I had any new pictures to make into a post. However, someone...some mysterious photographer had been taking pictures ... yes usually these are the pictures I would delete without a second thought but just for kicks, here are a few. Sometimes it's nice to get a different perspective (Brayden's perspective).




Not much is new with us. We are back to work and school and all the accompanying busyness.
Here's a brief update on all of us
Me: January has been way too cold for me. I'm so done with winter! I've been busy teaching two cake decorating classes a week at Hobby Lobby. It's been a bit stressful to undergo since it's new and there is a lot of preparation but I absolutely love it.
Kevin is happy at work and fabulously succeeding at his "get in shape" New Years Resolution. He's been doing the fitness classes offered at his office and is seeing great results.
Brayden is back to school, sad about out lack of good sledding snow, back into a Wii phase, and really reading well.
Makenna is HEALTHY (hooray) and very very into horses, ponies and singing about her heart, her feelings and her dreams (thank you Barbie). She can also name all the letters (except P- she always says B), spell a few names and words, and tell you her address and phone number.
Brielle is walking a lot. Unless she is in a hurray, she usually will walk. She hates naps and bedtimes like nothing else but she is just so darn adorable. She's currently into mimicking everything her siblings do, opening and closing doors, and putting things in and out of drawers, containers, and cupboards. Oh- the life of a one year old!

Well, thats it in a nutshell. Hope you all have a great week!

10 comments:

Grandma Eilie said...

Thanks for the update! Those pics are interesting - was Brayden the cameraman? Sounds like all are doing well. Miss you all. Mom

Grandma Eilie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grandma Eilie said...

Sorry - I hit the button twice and then deleted one.

Rachel Durazzani said...

Sounds like you're all doing well...except for the bitter cold. I have a lot of friends in the midwest and east coast and they are all miserable. Hang in there!

SOFTLEY FAMILY said...

So fun to hear about you teaching cake decorating. You've really developed that talent and put it to good use! We have a Hobby Lobby here it's a wonderful store. :)

Tkent said...

Sounds fun guys! Kenna's hair is getting so long- and I can't believe Brielle is walking...time flies! What games does Brayden like to play? Kaden loves star wars light saber duels and mario kart (he takes like 20 min to make 3 laps b/c he runs into everything and off cliffs). By the way, it's usually me, Darci, making these comments even though it says tyler- i have to use his id to see your blog :)

Ashlee Marie said...

Your teaching now? How fun, do you enjoy it? I certainly miss it, but Bill's work schedule is so crazy and different from week to week that I can't committe to teaching at the moment..

Jessica said...

don't you just love it when the kids get a hold of the camera? ethan is my photographer, and usually i find shots of the television or the computer when he's been using it.

i am SO done with winter myself. i just don't like it. that is so fun that you're teaching a cake decorating class. is that something that is offered at all hobby lobbies? because we have one here, and i think it would be so fun to learn how!

glad to hear makenna's doing well. :)

Julie G said...

Just be grateful you will get a spring instead of more snow until June. I am missing you guys. Time for a visit! Maybe I'll put all the kids in the car and drive there during spring break. Would that be too crazy?

Becky J. said...

You're TEACHING cake classes now?! Wow! That's so awesome! You would honestly be the best teacher and I'm so excited you're sharing your amazing talent at this! I wish I could take a few classes from you!

And Joseph also has a resolution this year to get in shape. He's really really missing basketball each week with his MBA buddies. That's funny Kevin's doing the same thing. I wonder how many of their class has the same resolution now that they've all been out of school for 9 months!