Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Be Careful What You Ask For

This week for FHE we had a lesson on "Responsibilities" We talked about chores and being more independent. For example, we encouraged Brayden to make his own breakfast in the morning and we encouraged Makenna to get herself dressed. Well-- she listened and the next morning...
VOILA!Feel free to laugh.
It was very hard for Kevin and I both to be encouraging and positive and not crack up at her outift. However, I did have to take her out in public, so after praising her efforts, I managed (or should I say struggled) to get her to make a few alterations...Needless to say, I was grateful it was cold enough to need to wear a coat when we went out :)

Makenna has such a big bright personality. I just love being her mother- she is a continual "teaching moment" for me. For posterity (and your entertainment) here are a few recent Makennaisms...

Last time we had the missionaries over, they asked Makenna how she knew that Jesus existed.
She answered matter of factly- "because of the picture"
Then they asked her where Jesus lived and she said very confidently
"in my heart"

I recently got a new apron for my cake classes and when I tried it on Makenna let out a big enthusiastic "woooow" and then said, "mom, you know why I said that- it's cause I believe in you!"

While getting ready one morning, Makenna said to me "You know why I have to be so beautiful today... its because I am everyone's favorite cheerleader"

10 comments:

Mikelle said...

What a funny girl! We miss Mckenna! Mikaila insists on dressing herself and doesn't understand why striped pants and striped shirts can't go together...they both have stripes!

Grandma Eilie said...

Makenna - you are a treasure! Miss you.

Jennifer said...

How cute! I love the original and candid things that kids say! She is getting so big. Hope you guys are staying warm!

Heather said...

What a sweet girl!

SOFTLEY FAMILY said...

soooo adorable!

Anonymous said...

She is adorable. I love hearing what little girls say. They are so cute!! Love the outfit she might want to make a profession out of it right now!

Anonymous said...

She is adorable. I love hearing what little girls say. They are so cute!! Love the outfit she might want to make a profession out of it right now!

Anonymous said...

She is adorable. I love hearing what little girls say. They are so cute!! Love the outfit she might want to make a profession out of it right now!

Tkent said...

she is a very sunny little girl- too cute!

Alysha Sladek said...

too cute!