Friday, November 07, 2014

Home Decorating Projects


So I am having a lot of fun with some decorating projects around the house.  Yesterday I took on the piano bench.  I havent ever reupholstered anything before but this didnt look too difficult.  I basically just took apart the old cover and then used those pieces of fabric as templates to cut out my new fabric and then I just sewed them back together the same as I took them apart.  Of course it always sounds easier than it is.  It did still take several hours.  But it was really fun and I love how it turned out.  It ties in with my new drapes that I made and co ordinating pillow. 

One thing that I am terrible about is taking "before" pictures.  I just forget to do that before I get started.  So I found this one picture from our old house when we first were gifted the piano in February.  You cant really tell from the pictures but its a deep blue purple velvet.  If you scroll down to Emmitts birthday pictures you can see it in the background of the pinata pictures. Im sure in the right room it would've worked but it just wasnt working for me. 

BEFORE
AFTER:

And here are the pillows I sewed to co ordinate with:


 And here are the drapes I made for both the dining room and the piano room. 



1 comment:

Jessica said...

i'm just getting caught up on your blog - the new floors look amazing!!! such a difference. it's so fun to see before and after projects. it really helps to make a house a home. ya know?? hope you guys are adjusting well to the move! :)