Sunday, September 15, 2013

Makenna's Surprise Party

This year we decided to throw Makenna a surprise party.  I was impressed we were able to pull it off without her suspecting a thing.    Kevin took her out to dinner while the kids and I set up and all the guests arrived.  Here is a video of her being surprised
http://youtu.be/LIGw2kshbVg

For the party activities, we used a Science theme since Makenna loves Science.  We made "Elephant Toothpaste," Mentos fountains, exploding sandwich Bags, and Stars in a Jar.  Then we enjoyed Makennas birthday cake, opened presents and then hunted in the backyard for the "milky way" to add to our "stars in a jar." 






 All in all, I would say the party was a success.  She really didnt expect it which made it fun and exciting for all of us (we had to keep it a surprise from Brielle and Emmitt too so they wouldnt spill the beans).  It all came about because for months Makenna has been talking about wanting a Science-themed birthday party but when her birthday got close and I asked her about it she became too stressed and worried about who to invite (she hates to hurt feelings) and what to do.  She got a bit overwhelmed with worry and just told me she would instead just pick one friend to take to dinner and a movie.  Well I felt bad about her not getting the party she had been talking about so when Brayden suggested to me that maybe we do a "surprise party" I thought that would be the perfect solution.  So I did all the worrying about the guest list and activites and she just got to enjoy the fun.  Kevin, Brayden and I had fun talking about it all week in code.  Our code name for the party was "storage room."  So all week we were talking about what we needed to buy for the "storage room" and what we had to organize for the "storage room." And Makenna never suspected a thing.

It was fun to do something special for my special sweetheart Makenna.  She is such a smart, loving, fun girl and all her friends just adore her.  We are so blessed to have her in our family.  She is one super 9 year old girl and WE LOVE LOVE LOVER HER to pieces!

Her Birthday fun isnt over though yet as in two days she'll have her actual birthday- so more posting to come...

1 comment:

grandma eilie said...

What a great party for a great girl. Good job! I love you Makenna!