Friday, December 02, 2011

"Mo"vember

A post by Kevin...

Luckily for us, Movember only comes around once a year...Those who are unaware of said "holiday", Movember is a mustache growing charity event held in November (mustache + November = Mo-vember) to raise funds and awareness for prostate cancer.

My department at work decided that participating in Movember would be a great team-building experience - so at the sake of being branded a "non-team player", I was obligated to participate. Other than the fact that Brielle wouldn't allow me to give her a kiss for the entire month (she thought my facial hair was "gross") and the fact that I was constantly riddled with guilt whenever I went to church or conducted business for my church calling, I did enjoy not shaving for a month. The fundraising was a success, my department raised $6,300 dollars to which ConAgra is going to match 100%.

Here are a few pictures as I proceeded to shave off my facial hair at the end of the event:


This (above) is how I looked for most of the month - I got many "grizzly Adam's" comparisons.

This (above) is how I crafted my "stache" for the final closing Movember ceremonies at work - it's my "Y" mustache in honor of BYU (see it's shaped like a Y)

Tough guy.
Does this not look just like the mug shot of a criminal? Yes, yes it does.
Now this ones a bit easier to stomach... almost like I'm a Super Mario Brother...
The Hitler mustache... not cool... so not cool.



And finally after all these frightening faces, Melissa was oh so happy with this one.

4 comments:

Jennie said...

What a great cause. And what a great laugh we got from your pictures!!! :)

Darci said...

lol you look like your dad more with the stache! that's a lot of money- good job!

Melissa said...

I love it. I think Andrew would feel the exact same way (about being riddled with guilt), but I think it's still fun. Sometimes I wish he would try it; guess I'll have to wait for a company fundraising party one day. Can't wait for you guys to visit in January.

Brian Williams said...

Is the third one from the bottom a recent picture or one from mustachioed high school days of yore?

Merry Christmas and congrats on your Movember accomplishments, Kevin. I enjoyed the post.