Sunday, May 15, 2011

Poor Brayden can't catch a break... oh wait- actually he can

About a month ago, Brayden was trying to raise up our basketball hoop with some other kids and they all let go at the wrong time causing it to come crashing down on Braydens shoulder. The next day he could barely move it and his hand swelled up so we took him to the doctor. After numerous x-rays ($450 worth to be exact) it was determined it was just sprained. He suffered for a couple of weeks in a sling.
Then last week he was playing basketball at school and hurt his finger. He called me to tell me and I gave him sympathy but assumed he was fine and left him at school. He continued to complain about it that evening and we continued to tell him he was okay (hmmm maybe the name of this post should be "bad mom makes big mistake"). Well the next day it was really swollen so we bit the bullet and took him in. Turns out he broke the bone in the bottom half of his pointer finger on his left hand.... ooops :)
Well now he is splinted up and out for the season on flag football, upcoming basketball camps and the first session of summer swim lessons. Poor guy! I feel really bad for him and I am so sorry for downplaying it all at first. I may have been a mom for 9 years now but I'm still learning :)

No comments: