Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Bell Elementarys Holiday Boutique Humor

So every year the elementary school here has a holiday boutique where they essentially bring in a bunch of dollar store junk and push the kids to bring money so they can buy gifts for their families. I begrudgingly let my kids participate. They each earned $5 to spend so I sent them off with their money and their envelopes and what did they come home with. Well Brayden came home saying he needed more money to finish his shopping and Makenna came home with 3 presents... for herself!

My first reaction was anger and disappointment- then of course I had to laugh- it is pretty funny. So over the weekend, the kids decided to return what they had bought so they could accomplish what they originally had set out to do. The second time around they had much more success. We had a great Christmas.

Then this morning Makenna asks me if Grandma is healed from her surgery (she had a knee scope recently) and I told her she was healed mostly but still sore. Then Makenna tells me

"I can't wait to give Grandma her present I got her. I thought she would still be in the hospital when she got it and I told everyone that my grandma has a hole in her knee. I was trying to get them to give it to me for free."

-I dont know where she gets that from :) What a crack up.

2 comments:

Heather said...

LOL! So funny!

Grandma Eilie said...

I love my Kitty in a Cup and it is helping me get better every day!