Friday, June 18, 2010

Summer so far...

Like most moms I know, summertime can bring some anxiety. We love the nice weather and having our kids at home but honestly on the flip side we do worry about the kids getting bored and going crazy, driving us crazy, and never giving us a break.

So here's how it's going so far:
Really well. The relaxed mornings are my favorite. The older two have been sleeping in- especially Makenna who will sometimes sleep until 9. There is no rush to make lunches, eat breakfast, get dressed, brush our teeth, and go go go go. That part is really nice. We've had a full schedule so far with first the trip to San Fran, then the baptism, and then we started swimming lessons. All of us have been doing swimming lessons every morning at 11 (even me because Brielle is in a mommy and me class). That has kept me busy but it's been fun to swim with Brielle and for the most part the weather has been warm enough that I actually would rather be in the water than watching. After our lessons, its always hectic at home because everyone needs a shower and they are starving (my pregnant self included). What I have loved about that is we all eat together a nice yummy lunch at the same time. That has been a daily highlight for me.
Other things we have been up to include- lots of time playing with neighborhood friends, lots of running in the sprinklers (the water bill is going to be frightening this month), watching Brayden's baseball practices, a little "attempted" potty training, playground playgroups, BBQ's with friends, club penguin mania, Taste of Omaha, the Royals game, an afternoon at Papio Bay, and tonight a work picnic. Soooo fortunately, with the exception of one afternoon where all Braydens friends were MIA, I havent been hearing the dreaded "I'm bored"
The only summer negatives thus far- I never get any errands done ever- it's very very difficult to get out of the house unless we are going somewhere all the kids WANT to go (which unfortunately does not include Walmart), and I feel like I spend all day cleaning the kitchen as there is definitely an increase of mess -but I guess thats to be expected!

So how's summer going for you?

No comments: