Saturday, December 05, 2009

Tis the Season

We bought one of those gingerbread house kits at Costco. It was the greatest thing. I was so happy to open the box to a preassembled gingerbread house. All it needed was some candy slapped on it and that was the perfect project for the kids. They had a great time... and Scott was quite a helper too.Then onto tonight... A family down the street throws a great Christmas party every year with Santa and presents and everything. Its a great chance for us to get our Santa pictures for the year... so here they are.I love her expression in this picture. Brielle was a bit leery of Santa at first... but by the end of the night she was hugging him, following him around, calling his name and climbing on his lap like they were best friends. It was pretty cute.Now some of the older kids at the party were too cool to sit on Santa's lap. I am sure glad Brayden isnt there yet. I dread those days.The Family Shot. I can't believe how old we all are!


And for some comic relief, I am throwing in this picture (below). Isn't this a great hat! She LOVES it because its a Dora hat and it just cracks me up every time she wears it.

6 comments:

vegetablestastegood said...

She reminds me of bob mackenzie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsgVspgy184

Unknown said...

Mostly Brielle and i helped with the GingerBread house by eating the candy.

Grandma Eilie said...

Looks like lots of Christmas fun at the Brandvolds! I am glad Brielle wamed up to Santa because she has quite a few characters in her near future to get used to. Princesses might be easy but Mickey Mouse might be a different story!

Jennifer said...

Look at your cute kids! They are really getting so big. I'm so glad that you are enjoying your new home, hunting and all! Hope your Christmas is wonderful!

jlthomas said...

Cute pictures, and sounds like a fun neighborhood party! I hope Luke likes Santa too!

Julie G said...

Looks like fun! brielles hat is hilarious!