Tuesday, June 02, 2009

A full year in Omaha... can you believe it!

Yes its true, we have officially lived here one year. It went by fast for sure and it's been a really good year- we are all healthy and happy and busy.... what more could we ask for...well maybe some family close by but I guess you just can't have it all...

Anyways, in other news, summer for us has officially begun. Yesterday was my first day with all three kids home. I love having them home because I love being with them and having them around... however, to make it through the next few months I am going to need to acquire more patience than I currently possess. I am a work in progress.

So here's a few shots of what we have been up to:

We hit the splash park on Saturday. This year Brielle was completely different than last year- she had NO fear and ran around happy as could be. Sorry again about the sideways movie- I tried to fix it but couldnt so just turn your head :)



The kids started swim lessons at Papio Bay yesterday. They both had a lot of fun and like Brielle, Makenna is making improvements in the swimming/ getting wet area as well.
So, we have three baby birds that hatched out of the nest in our backyard. The kids have a lot of fun watching them hop around our yard as they learn to fly. Apparently they havent learned to be scared of humans yet because they let Brayden pet them- strange, I know. I am actually not such a fan of these birds because they eat my strawberries the second they are ripe. "Buy netting" is on my to do list for today.
We love it when we have visitors and last night our great friends from the MBA progam, the Haines, stopped in on their drive across the country. The kids had a great time playing together and the adults had a great time visiting.(Brielle didnt make the picture cause she was already in bed... in case you are wondering)

And one final picture that I think just epitomizes summer in every way.... swimsuits and melting popsicles...life is good.

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Great post!! I love the pix of Brielle and her popsicle. That is awesome! :)

Gina said...

Are those Healthy Choice Fudge Bars? Mmmmmm, if so. Can't wait for the ConAgra perks! :) haha

Grandma Eilie said...

That looks like fun! Omaha is definitely warmer than Calgary right now! Brielle with her popsicle says it all. Thanks for the pics - I miss you guys lots.

Tenay Jo said...

It looks like you guys are all having so much fun. I love the water/sprinkler parks. There is one around here too and they are so cool!