Saturday, August 23, 2008

Brayden goes to School

Tuesday was Brayden's first day of first grade and his first day to ride the bus to school. He was really excited and so was I --right up until that bus started driving away . Then I was suddenly surprisingly near-tears-sad. I am not usually that kind of mom but I have really been missing him home with Makenna and I . It's hard sending my sweet little boy off into the real world. The second day as I was walking Brayden to the bus stop he told me I didn't need to come with him. I told him I wanted to and he replied "but mom, you're in your exercise clothes."
And then when Makenna said "I love you Brayden," he turned to her and very sternly said,
"Do NOT say that to me at the bus stop. It's embarrassing."
Oh my goodness... I did not expect him to be embarrassed like that until at least middle school. He is growing up way too fast.
He is the one in the picture who has both hands in the air, sitting way too close to the back of the bus (despite my instructions).

5 comments:

Julie G said...

Yeah for back to school! Boo for busses! Tell him to be careful around those big wheels! I know...I'm paranoid.

Rachel Durazzani said...

Oh so funny. Hilarious that already he doesn't want you to kiss him. He's a grown up!

Tkent said...

sad! sometimes i think kaden is already embarrassed by his goofy parents...i had no idea we were so uncool.

susie harty said...

Was it hard to get permission from the bus driver to let you on to take a picture? You are awesome!

jlthomas said...

That's too funny! Natalie's not embarrassed of my yet.... that's going to be hard!