Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Brayden the Business Man

Yesterday Brayden asked me if he could have a lemonade stand. I was hesitant because I had my hands full with Brielle and I wasn't really in the mood to supervise and assist in such an undertaking. I told him he could go ahead if he could do it all by himself without my help. So perhaps this is one case in which I was a negligent mother but off he went and was outside on his own for about 20 minutes when I decided I had better check on him. What I found was that he was charging 1 dollar for lemonade (YIKES), that he had accosted several adults in the neighborhood including our basement contractor and the realtor from the showhome next door, and that he had sold four glasses of lemonade for a dollar each. The most troubling part was that he only had three cups.... hmmm 3 kids drinking/selling lemonade + 4 paying customers and only 3 cups....sounds like some shady business practices.
Well not that any of Brayden's "victims" will read this but to them I apologize that you paid a whole dollar for watered down lemonade from a dirty cup. I won't let that happen again!

7 comments:

Becky J. said...

That is hilarious! I love it! Already a business shark at such a young age. :) Look out BYU MBA School class of 2028!

Jessica said...

okay that is hilarious! i was laughing out loud reading about it. i'm impressed he did it all by himself -- whenever i tell ethan he can only do something if he does it by himself he usually ends up pestering me to death until i cave and help him.

Julie G said...

Good for Brayden, what an entreprenuer. I'm impressed even though it does sound like a little bit of a public health concern. :)

Kimber & Jeremy! said...

The price of everything is going up, and even lemonade stands have overhead. Speaking of which, did you make it a "real" business learning experience and charge him part of the money to use your pitcher, cups, juice, and table set, and space at the end of the driveway? That should get it down to about the 10 or 25 cents it should have cost. :) Brayden is cute, good for him and long live capitalism, right?

kim said...

LOL!!!! That is hilarious! And I'm not sure that a dollar is too much for lemonade (although I think I'd like a clean cup with mine ;))

Jennifer said...

Great story Melissa. He's a pretty slick businessman! (I'm surprised he made so much money!)

Anne-Elizabeth said...

Way to go Brayden! Looks like you guys are having a good time out there. We miss you though!