Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The First Signs of Fall

I havent noticed the leaves changing (thats not to say that they aren't) but I did notice the caramels out at Walmart, so I figured it must be fall-- time for Caramel apples. We made them for Family Home Evening and they were delicious. Of course what else would we decorate with, other than some sort of Reese's product- Reece's pieces - which turns out to be a very fall appropriate candy with their orange, yellow, and brown colors. Aren't they cute (I meant the apples but the kids are cute too).


Interestingly enough, it was after eating these chewy treasures that we discovered Brayden's first loose tooth- I know it seems a bit early for that so I think it may have had something to do with the sticky chewy crunchy apple combination. Oh well- you got to lose those baby teeth sometime!

3 comments:

Clemstock said...

Lex and I were looking at your blog and she was like, "Who's that mom?" pointing at the kids. I think these guys would enjoy getting together. Maybe if we end up in Utah for Christmas we can get together. Do New Years? Or just get together. Well, I loved staying at your house! You guys are just great!! I enjoyed talking to both of you.

Norlund Clan said...

Those apples look so good. We need to figure out a way to get together some time. I wish you guys could be in SF when I do my marathon, but I know the baby is due right around there. I bet you guys can not wait.

Tenay Jo said...

Mmmm, those caramel apples look good. Maybe Tyson, Kallen and I will have to make some this upcoming week. I'm glad your family is enjoying the fall!