Tuesday, September 18, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAKENNA

I can hardly believe that my baby is three years old! When did that happen? I love to watch my kids grow up but it is always a bit sad too. Makenna had a grand birthday party today. She was so excited all day and had a really hard time waiting until 4 o clock. We spent most of the afternoon playing pretend party with her stuffed animals- so she was well prepared when the actual event arrived.
Here is Makenna with her Dora cake. I strongly tried to resist piping a cake- but when it came right down to it, I more strongly wanted to make sure she had the cake she wanted so here it is. I could tell quite a story about the disasters that occured in the making of the cake (some of them might be obvious just from looking at it), but I'll keep this post about the party.
Here are some happy cake eaters!
What's a party without a pinata (or piesta as Makenna called it). The kids did a really good job of waiting their turns.
Here is the whole crew- a wild bunch indeed! They were actually all really good kids and amazingly enough the party went really smoothly.

This is Makenna with her prized pig that Sammy gave her. She really loves this pig.

What a cheesy girl she can be- with her new necklace from Lizzie and her new pink Leapster from Grandma. What a lucky girl!

And as a terrific ending to a crazy day, we gave Makenna her last present- which contrary to what I thought- did not come preassembled. So Kevin being the terrific dad he is, stepped up and cheerfully devoted his evening to the project. (Do you like how in the picture he is trying to fool us into thinking he is unhappy about putting this together- ...ok ok he really wasnt happy about it but as you can see from the picture below it was all worth it for his happy little birthday girl!) Hooray for daddy!

4 comments:

Kimber & Jeremy! said...

I can't believe you made that cake--wow what talent!!! My kids will NEVER get a cake that cool, in fact they usually get cupcakes. :) I do want to take the cake decorating class from Michael's, but I'm sure I'll never be dedicated (or talented) enough to make a cake like yours. What a professional! And what a fun party. You must have had a crazy busy day if you did it today and then had the meeting tonight (you looked cute in your Hawaiian stuff by the way). Kevin's picture and your comment was super funny, I had to click on the picture to get the full effect of his "happy-to-be-doing-this-dumb-project-when-I-already-have-a-TON-to-do-anyway" face. I thought it was quite funny and it made me laugh. Don't you love the "some assembly required" on that. Those things are awful, we got one for Christmas once and it took SOOOOOO long to assemble, we had no idea it would take so long. What a great guy to do it though--3 cheers for Kevin!!! You guys are all cute cute cute. Sorry for the book-length comment! Love, Kimber

Julie G said...

Happy Birthday Makenna! Looks like a fun party!

Jessica said...

i love makenna's face in that last picture! she looks so happy. what a fun party. and you made that cake?? i am impressed. that is like so above and beyond the alligator cake ethan had me make for his birthday this summer.

it looks like everyone had a blast!

Clemstock said...

Birthday madness. I love the cake!! I can't believe you made it. I think the only creative thing I have done for Lexia's B-day is make her French bread in the shape of Pooh Bear. The kitchen is awesome. How's the baby stuff going? Getting close.