Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Big Day!

So today was the big day- our child's first day of Kindergarten. He was very excited and so were we. However, we were surprisingly nervous about all the dangers that could now befall him as he makes his way into the "real world." I actually feel sick to my stomach when I really think about it. I've watched enough Oprah to know its a scary place out there in those public schools and there are lots of bad things that can happen. On the flip side though, I cant overlook the fact that the time he is in preschool will be quite precious to me and entering that real world is an important part of growing up. So this is the way it must be. I'm just glad that he was happy to go.
This picture of him standing by the door is metaphorical in nature - just look at his face- aren't you sad to see him walk out that door.
And here he is walking into his classroom.


This picture is sort of out of place with the post. Brayden got new soccer cleats yesterday (and aren't they snazzy). They made him quite happy (as you can see from the picture) so I just had to share it with all of you.

3 comments:

Julie G said...

Love those cleats! Those are hot, where can I get a pair?
Ah, Kindergarten, what a blessed time. Be careful not to blink or he'll almost be 9! Time will start to fly now. It's happy and sad, I know your pain. He'll do great. Tell him I wish I could come play Wii with him. Everyday when I ask the kids what they want to do today, Daniel says, "can we go to Provo, pleeeease...." We miss you guys!

Jessica said...

i love the soccer cleats, too! ethan is so excited to start soccer this week, and i know he would love a pair like that, as well.

Emily Widdison said...

It makes me so sad to look at these pictures! I know I will be crying when Isaac goes to school! I still have your canner, I haven't forgotten! I will try to bring it today.:)