Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Big Race

Yes Kevin is quite an achiever these days- first he is the winner of the berry eating contest and this weekend he completes his first 5k race. Despite his somewhat inconsistent and last minute training he did remarkably well, and beat his goal of 25 minutes. Kevins official time was: 24:38 (not bad for a first timer and with no training). Here are some of the highlights.I call this picture: "Pre Race with Smile"

And this picture is a bit like one of those Wheres Waldo ones except, of course, it's
"Where's Kevin?" I found him- can you?

And here is the action shot! Go Kevin G0!

And here is how we found him just past the finish line. If I was to give it a caption it would have to be "Daddy, daddy are you ok?"


I call this picture "Post Race without smile"

And here we have Kevin being funny and at the same time accurately reflecting how he truly felt.

And as the perfect end to my collection of race photos, we have here what I call
"Post Race with Smile"


The rest of the day was spent in recovery. There was some napping (unfortunately only by the adults), a bit of Wii, an open house visit, an oil change, a lot of pool time and a delicious bbq. It was a good day (at least for us non-racers!)

3 comments:

Julie G said...

Way to go, Mr. Utah! Your recent accomplishments are amazing. Was it hot?

Melissa said...

No, it wasnt bad-- it was at 8am so it was nice and breezy- maybe high 70s.

Anonymous said...

Good job Kev, I can not wait until my marathon in Oct. It should be fun.