Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Week in Review

What a busy time we have had lately. Many of you have been wondering if Kevin was able to survive his time alone with the kids? The answer is YES--but just barely. He was certainly happy to have mommy home. The weather in Calgary has been miserably cool and rainy, which always makes it more challenging to keep the kids occupied. I think he did a terrific job.
I indeed had some success in the house shopping department. We bought the above house, which is located in South Provo, on your way to Springville, it's up on the mountain to the east. Mom and I had quite an adventure working with three different realtors, and then ended up buying this one that was for sale by owner. House shopping ended up being quite stressful but in the end I feel very lucky and blessed to have found this house. The rest of my time in Utah was fabulously fun. It was great to see Scott and my other good friends, and it was great to do some shopping too. All in all it was a successful trip. It's very unusual for me to have that much time away from my kids...in fact I have never been away from them for that long. It was a nice break.

Brayden finished swimming lessons this week. He graduated from "Floaters" and is now a "Glider." I have signed him up for some more lessons in July. He has really come a long way and he really enjoys it.

Yesterday was a sad day for both Brayden and Mom as Brayden enjoyed his last day in his current preschool. I have enjoyed it as much as Brayden (or probably even more). He even got a diploma and a special certificate for completing the "Alphabet Bus." Good Job Brayden!

I have been working this morning on sorting through all our stuff in search of "garage sale" material. We plan to have one this Saturday. So if you are in the area...drop on by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The house looks great! And what a great view of the mountains! Congrats.

Melissa said...

Thanks, I am looking forward to living up on the mountain...except for one thing. I heard that there was a rattlesnake in the yard last year. yikes!