Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Grandma Clara's Funeral

I was able to attend my grandma Matkins funeral.  It was held January 13, 2020.  She died just a couple days before her 96th birthday.  She lived a long full life and was busy and active right up until the end. While it was sad for her to pass, it was a happy reunion for her on the other side.  It was a really special and treasured experience that I was able to reunite with so many cousins and share memories and catch up with people I hadn't seen in a very long time.  It reminded me how grateful I am to be part of the Matkin family.  It is a wonderful legacy.
It was a freezing cold day.  We all huddled together and had the quickest but yet sweet and beautiful graveside prayer before we all raced back in to our cars.  I think it was -30 Celcius.

This is from the program- it shows just how big her legacy is.

This was taken at the dinner after the funeral

We were going through Grandmas things an we all tried on her lipstick and then took this photo.

No comments: