Sunday, June 30, 2019

It's a Surprise Party!

With this year being Kevins 40th birthday, I wanted to do something different.  So I came up with the idea of having a surprise party for him at his latest favorite hangout- Fizz drinks.  Its a soda shop owned by a local member and Kevin is a big fan and frequent customer.  I had a couple friends- Jamy and Stephenie, go early and set it up and my plan was to suggest after dinner that we take the kids to Fizz.  It seemed an easy enough plan which got complicated by the fact that the day before we went shopping for a new van and decided overnight to go buy the van- the next day- the day of the party!  I asked the salesman how long it would take and he said we could be done in an hour and a half- which would have been plenty of time but three hours in and we were still chatting it up with the finance guy.  They finally took us out to our new car and I knew we had to get out of there.  So things got a bit tense as I told the salesman we could figure out the rest on our own and Kevin got annoyed because he wanted to "enjoy the experience."  So it was a tense ride home and I told him we needed to pick our kids up from JAmy at Fizz.  Well, all was forgiven as we walked in to Fizz and all our friends greeted us with a big sign and cheers.  Kevin loved his surprise and it all turned out great in the end.




I did make his traditional cake which we ate before the picture taking ;)

No comments: