Thursday, December 05, 2013

Thanksgiving and Black Friday ... actually Thursday

We were invited to the Owens this year for Thanksgiving.  It was our first time being in Omaha and not having Thanksgiving at our house.  It was really nice.  Gina cooked a great feast and set a beautiful table too.

After dinner, we lounged about chatting and then enjoyed a cute little family talent show.   And then as the Thanksgiving festivities were winding down, I rounded up the girls for a little shopping trip.  Lately Black Friday deals start on Thursday and while I hate some aspects of Black Friday (especially the fact that it starts on Thursday), I just couldnt keep away.  I just love a good deal- what can I say!  I had just a few things I wanted and Gina, Laurie and Minky were just along for the ride (or so they thought).  We went to Walmart and then to Target and had such a great time that we could barely fit all our fun purchases in the car.  The trunk was packed and we had stuff on our laps, on the floor and everywhere we could jam it in.   Good Good times!


 

No comments: