Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Bye Bye Binki

Well, I decided that I was done fighting the binki battle with Emmitt.  He is more attached to that thing than any of my kids have been.  I have been talking about the "binky fairy" with him for a few months, hoping that he would be excited to put out his binky and have a present delivered in its place.  He didnt go for it until I took matters into my own hands and snipped off the top of his binky (when he wasnt looking of course).  When he found it, he was sad and told me that it was broken and then told me he would put it out for the binky fairy.  This was exciting so when he went for a nap we put it out on the front step, and I put him to bed.  He cried and cried in his bed and it broke my heart.  I knew it was for the greater good though. 
When he got up he was excited about his present.  He got some new trucks.  However that only lasted a minute when he became angry and told me "The binky fairy is mean."

Poor Guy.  Sometimes growing up is tough.

No comments: