Monday, October 21, 2013

Ever Mindful

Tonight I am overwhelmed with gratitude to my Heavenly Father and I just feel the need to write it down.  This morning I discovered my passport was missing and with our Cancun trip just less than two weeks ago, that was a real problem.  The kids were home from school and I spent the whole day searching the house and making plans to travel to Minneapolis by myself the next day.  It was going to be a 11 hour road trip all by myself and a big expense too.  I said many prayers throughout the day to find that passport.  Later in the afternoon, I got a call from Braydens friend telling me that Brayden had fallen off his bike.  He had face planted hard onto the cement and a neighbor who saw it later told me she thought he would have broken bones on his face for sure.  I couldnt go get him because I had gotten a flat tire that morning and my car was in the shop.  Fortunately his friends mom brought him home and drove me to pick up the car from the shop, thinking that I would likely be taking Brayden to the Urgent Care that night.  Well the bloody nose/ mouth stopped and the pain subsided and all in all he walked away from that fall with just a bruise on his leg.  I believe he was protected, and I am in awe of how mindful God is of us in our daily lives.  Brayden told me after I tucked him into bed that he was making a bad choice when he was riding his bike.  He was going to a friends house to watch a video game, he knows he isn't supposed to play.  He said he was relieved that he got hurt because then he didnt make that mistake.  Again, God is mindful.  When Kevin got home tonight he searched the house for the passport and just as we were about to give up he looked in a suitcase which I had checked already twice during the day and pulled out my passport.  I was so relieved and happy.   Prayers are answered and I felt the Love of God in my life so much today.  I was helped by multiple neighbors, shown love and concern by friends and saved by my amazing husband.  God is good.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

i'm so glad you recorded these experiences! it's always good to be reminded how much we have to be grateful for.