Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Our Puppy Failure

Well I am sad to report that we have given away Mikey.  He was adopted over the weekend by a new family and I hope he will be happy there.  He was a sweet little guy and was doing well in our home with the exception of Emmitt.  Having a two year old and a puppy just proved to be more than I could handle.  While Emmitt loved Mikey, they played like two dogs and Mikeys nipping was just not something I could control.  After an incident where Mikey bit Emmitt on the face (all in play), we decided Mikey had to go away for a bit and then a few weeks later we decided he should probably find a home of permanence with some other family.  The kids (particularly Brayden and Makenna) are devastated, and I feel so bad for them because they were so helpful with the dog and always did as they were asked to do.  I think there will be another dog in our home someday but it just might be awhile.


No comments: