Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Puppies

So I am surprised but... da da da daaaaaa... we now have a dog.  It all started with a garage sale we had.  In an effort to help the kids part with their "junk, "  I told them that they could vote together to decide what to do with the money.  They asked if they could use the money for a puppy and since Kevin and I didnt immediately shoot that down, the idea grew and grew and got Kevin excited and obsessed with searching the internet for a possible dog for our family.  Initially I said I wanted an adult dog so that I wouldnt have to do house training.  The problem was that when I went to check out these puppies that Kevin had found, I just couldn't refuse.  I could then see the benefit of a puppy.  You cant help but bond with such an adorable little thing.  You even love him through the mess and the work and the smell and the cost and the list goes on...

Well heres some pics of my first visit.  I went without the kids so as to remain subjective :)


And here he is... our cute little guy we named "Mikey" 
Full name: Mikey Cosmo Bosco Brandvold Jr. 
Isnt he cute?  I think he's adorable and Im not really much of a dog person so thats got to say something right.   After much discussion we named him Mikey.  The idea arose after noticing his one white paw- you know sort of like Michael Jackson's one white glove.  Now I wouldnt say we named our dog after Michael Jackson cause that guy was kind of weird (talented, but you got to admit -weird too) but the name Mikey just fits this little cutie.  The names that were also considered became the middle name.

And because just getting one isn't exciting enough we agreed to foster a couple others as well.  Why  not right?  Its actually been good we did because if we just had one our four kids would have mauled it.  We have three and they still fight over them.  The other two (Lyric and Luna) will be gone in a week.





3 comments:

Amy and Cameron said...

What, no Jimmer?

Kevin B said...

That was vetoed, but I tried...

Kevin B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.