Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Emmitts turn for stitches

We were packing up the car for our trip to Nauvoo on Friday, when I heard bumping, banging and then crying coming from the stairs. Unfortunately, Emmitt had taken a tumble and on his way down had hit the sharp decorations on the spindles of our stairs.  I could tell at first that he was bleeding but I didnt think it was that bad but Kevin looked and could see that his top wound was quite deep and thought we had better take him in.  It was more of a puncture wound than a cut but the doctor told us we needed to get a couple stitches to close it up.  Emmitt was amazingly good- he didnt cry or wiggle or anything.  His dad held him tight and Brielle held up the iphone for Emmitt to watch and it went really smoothly.  It only put us back on our trip departure by about two hours- not too bad for a stitches.
 

 
And after all that, he certainly deserved a trip to Culvers- which of course makes everything better.
What a sweetie he is.  I dont know how I have been a mother for over ten years and then just now within a few months, two of my kids have to get stitches.  Its crazy, but hopefully we'll be more careful from now on.

No comments: