Saturday, December 29, 2012

Favorites of the Season

Its a fun time of year to check the mail everyday for the latest Christmas card.  When I get to decorate my kitchen fireplace mantle with pictures of cute friends and family that I can stare at as I watch Mickey Mouse- it just makes me so happy! 
I should have turned Mickey Mouse off for the picture but at least its a Christmas episode.  And also the tree there is not always covered in toilet paper. That was Freddy's doing that day.
 And another favorite activity was the making of graham cracker gingerbread houses.  I thought they looked so cute when we displayed them on the dining room table.
 

 And for teachers gifts this year I tried making those personalized hand soaps that we've all seen on pinterest.  They weren't as easy as I had planned but crafts never are.  In the end I think they turned into a cute gift (sorry you cant see them well in the picture).
 

And I went super easy on the neighbor gifts this year.  I didnt do the big multi-cookie baking day that is often the custom this time of year.  Instead I opted for an easy white chocolate candy cane bark in these cute little boxes.   I'll definitely be doing that again.
 

And then since there must needs be opposition in all things, here are some of my least favorites of the season:

1.  Sickness: the kids and I all had the stomach flu.  Poor Emmitt had a sinus infection too.  No fun
 

2.  Unexpected Accidents:
Kevin was the victim of an unfortunate "hit and run" when he was coming home from work on the Friday before Christmas.  Its a bummer but we're thankful no one was hurt.

No comments: