Saturday, August 25, 2012

Getting "Back" to normal


About three weeks ago, I returned from a "tone zone" class at the gym feeling a bit sore in the back.  I thought as I arrived home, I better go stretch out my back cause its not feeling quite right.  But first, I decided I had better get the laundry moving, so I bent over to unload the washer when a sharp pain hit my lower back.  I fell onto the laundry basket where I was stuck crying in pain.  Ouch it hurt!  
Well soon after, Brielle wandered over and lifted my hair that was covering my face and asked "What are you doing mom?"  Then she wandered off and told Brayden that I was on the laundry basket.  He was quite concerned.  He helped to get me off the basket to a flat lying position on the floor and I had him bring me ice and ibuprofen.  After 30 minutes I still couldn't get up, so we called Kevin home for reinforcements.
After a couple days of lying on the couch, I got much better.  I am still working to get back to my old pain free days but I function just fine.  Its just a good reminder to be grateful for all the things a healthy body can do and of course a good reminder of how grateful I am for a family and ward who all take such good care of me.  Brayden was my superhero for those days when I was down.  He did all Emmitt tending and everything I asked (which was a lot).  He is such a big help to me.
Oh and as for what is wrong with my back- who really knows!  I think it happens to a lot of people.  The chiropractor took x rays and found my right leg to be a half inch shorter than my left and my spine curving to compensate.  He thought the stress of that just built up over time and my body couldn't take it anymore so the  nerves and muscles there just spasm-ed.  I dont know that that's the whole story.  I have had a few back and neck problems in my life so who knows!  
Point is I'm good now and grateful to be.

No comments: