Monday, June 25, 2012

Garden Update and Happy Early Birthday to Me!

Ok, I have to start with the birthday part.  No you didn't miss it, it isn't until July 12.  I saw a groupon a while back for photography lessons and I thought to myself that maybe since my kids are so cute I should learn to take better pictures of them.  So I forwarded that on to Kevin in email form and wrote that if I would feel silly in a class with our current camera perhaps I could also get a better one for my birthday  Well he surprised me last week with a fancy shmancy new camera (well its fancy to novice me, maybe  not everyone else in the camera world) that he wanted me to have early since we are going to Utah to see family and he thought I would want it for that.  As he often does, he surpassed my gift expectations in every way.  He found a great deal and now hopefully you will notice an improvement in my pictures.  Go easy on me though... I just started...
Okay.  Now on to my garden.  This year on the deck I did some flower pots and some lettuce.  I have loved this.  I think I need to do this every year.  My big flower pot is particularly successful and my lettuce on the deck is so handy when I am making dinner I just love it.  For lettuce I have learned to pick it as it grows cause it keeps growing back and gets bitter when it gets big.  As far as my regular garden.  Its ok.  Strawberries were great.  No luck with the green beans for the second year in a row... its weird.  Otherwise snap peas, peppers, tomatoes, cucumber, zucchini and cantaloupe are all looking stellar!



 Now here are some pictures I have taken with my new camera, just trying to figure it all out...







1 comment:

Melissa said...

Can we be neighbors please? I need more time chatting with you and getting all your advice. I want to grow a garden. I use the excuse I don't have a yard, but potted plants on the lanai would work, right? Now just for those lessons. Want to come to Florida for another visit? I miss you! When are you in Utah? I'm there July 12-24.