Wednesday, October 05, 2011

The Hair Massacre of 2011

Last week, Brielle and her friend were playing quietly in the basement and Emmitt was taking a nap. I was foolishly enjoying the peaceful moment. When I called the girls up because Sophia's mom had come I discovered Brielle had a new look:
Well the girls told me that Sophia had cut Brielles hair (and her own a bit too). Her mother felt awful and we told the girls that was very bad. Then after she left I went downstairs to find that the scissor damage had gone far beyond their own hair. All the ponies suffered serious injury but Baby Alive was the worst off. She was pretty much balded. I filled my entire vacuum canister with hair when I cleaned up.
Luckily the dogs and Barbies were spared. It could have been much worse. Brielles hair though was pretty bad in the back. At the top there were pieces only about two inches long. and everywhere else there were various "layers." I took her in to get it fixed and I actually felt like they made it worse. Luckily my neighbor came to my rescue and was able to do a better job of making it look somewhat like a real hairstyle.

The back though is still pretty "edgy." I think short hair is cute but whenever I look at her now I silently mourn her hair. Its surprisingly sad to me. Luckily though she isnt too upset about it- and I am pretty sure she has learned her lesson... at least I sure hope so.

The great blessing is that Hair GROWS!!!
(well at least human hair does... can't say the same for Baby Alive... she's not quite that "alive")

No comments: