Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Everybody needs a Ginger!

Cousins are great. I spent a lot of time with my cousins in my childhood and its sad that as adults life is too busy and people move too far to stay close. I was grateful Ginger made the effort to come visit us. Believe it or not- its not always easy to lure people to visit us in the great state of Nebraska :) So thank you Ginger, for seeing past the stigma and coming out to catch up with Scott and my crew.

We had a great time showing her some of the best of Omaha. And here are some photo highlights:

We toured the Mormon Trail Center and Temple Grounds. It is one of my favorite Omaha spots!

We enjoyed our favorite Frozen Custard at Culvers. Also one of my favorite spots!

Here is Ginger with my kids. They really took to her. Since she left, Brielle has been asking if my cousin is coming on Saturday. I keep telling her no and she frustratedly says "I said SATURDAY" She just wont take no for an answer :)

Ginger really picked a great weekend to come because we were able to take her to a College World Series game. It wasn't just any game either- it was the first College World Series game in the new stadium they just built. We were part of history. Yes even former president George W. Bush through out the first pitch. Pretty special :) It was a good time indeed!

1 comment:

Ginger Matkin said...

Thanks! I had such a great time and I am still cracking up about some of the things Brielle would say. I will try and make it out again sooner than later!