Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Makenna is a Girl Scout


Initially I resisted Makennas request to become a girl scout- mostly because I did not want to be selling cookies or complicating my life- but this year I relented and I am sure glad I did because she LOVES it. They recently had their award ceremony and it made her feel very proud to be getting some badges. She has great friends involved and they do some great activities. Unfortunately though cookie season is here... ugghhh..... so if the cookie eating bug bites you- give her a call. I hate pushing things so inevitably I will end up buying myself just enough cookies to get her the badge and then call it good... oh the fun of being a girl scout mom!

3 comments:

Steve said...

Have her talk with Oma when she comes down for Jen's operation. I'm sure that she will buy a couple.

Emma and Dan said...

I LOVED all 3 years that I was a Brownie. It was nice to feel a part of something when you're too young for activity days. :)
I think your kids are amazing that they got themselves dressed while you were in bed. You are very lucky.

Grandma Eilie said...

I wish I was there to buy cookies from Kenna! Great work on the awards!