Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Makenna Turns 6!!!

Last week we excitedly celebrated Makenna's birthday. Early in the week, we went as a family to the Amazing Pizza Machine- a tradition our kids never seem to tire of.
The night before I happily relinquished my cake decorating responsibilities to Brayden and Makenna who did a great job of icing and decorating this princess cake.On the morning of her birthday, we got the celebrating started with a few family presents.Then later that day, I brought cookies to Makenna's class and her class sang her Happy Birthday. Doesn't she look so grown up and pretty these days!She chose a Princess theme for her party and she invited all girls to come in their princess attire. I tried to pattern our activities along the princess theme. Overall, I think it was a pretty successful party. Our festivities included a pizza dinner, purse making, finding Cinderella's Lost Slipper, making princess play doh, and a princess candy necklace. The girls had a great time and looked so cute!
And here's the cake... a mix with canned frosting... can you tell my energy level is not what it should be these days? It did turn out great though and it was exactly what my princess ordered! So mission accomplished!
Watch out for that fire skirt!

We had a great time celebrating our Makenna's special day. She is a bright light in our life and we are so lucky to have her in our family.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAKENNA!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!




1 comment:

Julie G said...

Happy Birthday Makenna! Looks like a very fun party!
I love that fire skirt!