Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Our little Peanut isn't so little anymore

Isn't he just adorable?Yes you read me right. I said HE!!!!
We are excited to even out the score in our family with the addition of a new little baby boy.
All systems seem to be in order and baby looks like he is doing great. According to ultrasound measurements, he is due October 31.... yes a possible Halloween baby- which is of great concern to Makenna because she is very worried about who will stay home to hand out the candy if I am having a baby. I have assured her that we will do all we can to prevent such a tragedy. I doubt my doctor will change my due date (originally Nov 5) and with my tendency toward inductions, I am sure we can avoid any interruptions to trick or treating :)
Otherwise all went well at the ultrasound. The kids were able to be there and they especially loved the 4D view. Even Brielle understands a bit better now. Although, she did just come over to the computer and saw the pictures on the screen and asked "Where is the baby? Baby in the here (pointing to the computers' hard drive)?" So I guess there still might be some confusion on her part... But technology and babies are confusing- you've got to admit.
Head to toe this little guy is 8 inches- which sounds pretty big to me but he still weighs less than a pound. Apparently he is 95th percentile -which made me laugh- I know we always do the percentile thing with our babies but I didn't know they did that in utero too.
It's been eight years since we had a baby boy in the house so that is pretty exciting. The only tricky part is that now it's time for the name game....

10 comments:

Heather said...

HE is very adorable! Congratulations!! I'm glad you posted right away. I was hoping you would! I'm so happy for you!

vegetablestastegood said...

I like Jefferson Philip

Gina said...

YAY!! So excited for you (and Brayden)!

susie harty said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to tell Will, he will be so excited for you guys. We both are!

jlthomas said...

I just realized today that you had your ultrasound Wednesday, so I quickly went to your blog and I'm so happy I did! I'm so excited for you guys! And Logan will love having his own Brandvold playmate!

E-ca said...

Yay for Halloween babies!! You know, they are the best :) Congrats!!!

Jessica said...

congratulations! how fun to have another boy. i can't wait to hear the name. :)

Mikelle said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. I think the name game is HARD. Good luck!

Ames said...

Congratulations!!!

Julie G said...

HE's so cute! Yeah!