Monday, May 10, 2010

Brayden's Birthday Bash

Eight is Great!
Brayden has been so excited about turning eight. He can't wait to be baptized... which is happening on June 5th, for anyone who may be interested.

This was the first birthday ever where we didnt have the typical birthday party with the pinata and pin the tail on the donkey. I just decided that 8 year olds might be getting a bit big for that and I really didn't know what else to do with them. So I presented Brayden with the alternative of inviting one friend to accompany him to the AMAZING Pizza Machine and then on his actual Birthday we had some friends join us for just some cake and ice cream. I think it worked out well and as usual the birthday festivities seemed to go on and on.Pizza Machine Fun. (As you can see from Kevins face, to us adults, this Pizza Machine thing is getting a little bit old).
On Friday night we went out to Texas Roadhouse because Brayden wanted to sit on the saddle and be sung to. I dont know why this is so appealing to him but it was fun to watch. We also celebrated Uncle Scott's finishing his finals. It was a fun night and the first time that I really enjoyed my food there. The key is - get the steak!Saturday started with a yummy birthday breakfast. We were lucky to have Scott staying with us and his friend Candice which made the day all the more special. Then Brayden opened presents. He was thrilled and very grateful for all of them. Brielle was tortured by this. She couldn't accept that it wasnt her birthday and they werent her presents. Brayden, being the sweetheart that he is, let her open a couple, just to make her happy. And then onto Saturday afternoon... a few friends, and even some family (how lucky) for our simple cake singing event. No party, no games, no treat bags, no presents, and parents must stay- this is the way to do it I tell you.
And here is the cake Brayden requested. His dad was so proud! And I got to use my cake cricut for the lettering.
And in an unexpected turn of events we found ourselves at Red Robin for dinner that night so Brayden got sung to AGAIN. And this time he even got free ice cream too.

We feel beyond blessed to have Brayden as our son. He is a gift- a special spirit in our home. We love him dearly and can't believe he's already 8!
Happy Birthday Brayden. You Rock!

5 comments:

WaynenRissnKids said...

This is what I have convinced Parker to do as well. I decided I was not up for a big party, so we're doing a fun adventure with one friend...now we just need to figure out the adventure. We still have a few weeks.

Glad to see everything so great with you guys. I can't wait to find out if you'll be evening out your kiddo crew!

We miss you guys. Tell Brayden a belated Happy Birthday from us, especially from Parker!

Darci said...

wow is he really 8!? don't feel bad but i always told myself that when kaden turns 8 i will be officially old :) he is so handsome! good call on the party thing too-

vegetablestastegood said...

happy birtday brayden you rock dude.

Grandma Eilie said...

Happy birthday Brayden. See you at your baptism! Love you lots.

Ashlee Marie said...

Ahhh! you have the cricut cake? I am SO jealous. A hubby out of work for almost 2 years means I don't get one! Enjoy!