Sunday, April 11, 2010

Our little Peanut


So whats this your looking at you ask? Well it is what it looks like- the newest to be addition to our family. Hip Hip Hooray. We are very excited. We are all brimming with joy (well okay when I am miserably nauseated which is most of the time -"Brimming with joy" may not be an accurate description- but as for the big picture stuff- I am indeed brimming with joy.)

This was an ultrasound taken at 8 weeks when all he/she looked like was an itty bitty peanut. I am still just 10 weeks along now but I am outing myself- not by choice- simply because...well... because I look really pregnant - I'm talking like 4 or 5 months along- and so whether I would like to keep it to myself a bit longer or not- people are starting to ask questions... which means many more people are wondering in their minds if I have put on weight lately or am I pregnant. Well yes to both to all you inquiring minds. I guess with the fourth my body has just given up on holding things together- so I am just trying to embrace it ("trying" being the operative word).

As for family reaction- Makenna is thrilled. She seems to love me all the more these days and gets a funny little grin on her face when she looks at my tummy. She is really looking forward to mothering this baby. She's even told me when this baby is born she is going to be the mom- so we'll see how that goes.
Brayden is excited and very adamant about it being a boy. He actually gets really mad when anyone refers to it as a girl. I really would love a boy or girl- either way is fine by me- but for his sake- a boy would be good.
Brielle is, of course, to young to get it. The day we told the kids she came up to me and pointing to her hip- said "your baby right here?.... at that point my hip area may have been larger than my stomach so I could see her logic. Since then she hasn't mentioned it.
Kevin is happy- a proud dad who loves his kids and has been wanting another baby for a while now- finally got his wish!

15 comments:

Mikelle said...

Wahoo! Congrats! I hope you start feeling better soon!

Ames said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so excited for you!

Grandma Eilie said...

Melissa - I have known for a while of course but congrats again and I am so excited to have grandbaby number 10 arrive. I am so thank ful for all my family! I hope you get over the nausea soon too. Life will look much brighter then!

Grandma Eilie said...

ps - thanks again for a marvelous spring break!

Heather said...

Congratulations!! :-) I am happy for you and hope you start feeling better soon! Oh, and I never thought you looked pregnant!

WaynenRissnKids said...

Congratulations!! Wayne told me last night after talking to Kevin on the computer...that's so exciting!
I got big fast with Hyrum as well. I couldn't even make it to 12 weeks before I was pulling out maternity clothes.
I hope everything goes well for you!! Tell Brayden Hi for Parker.

Unknown said...

I knew I felt an inkling to check your blog for a reason ;) CONGRATS! Hope you start feeling soon, I am glad I am finally pretty much out of that stage...except for the mornings. Blek. I didn't think you looked pregnant if it helps ;)

jlthomas said...

I've already told you congratulations but congrats again, we're so happy for you! And you do NOT look pregnant, you look fantastic!

Rachel Durazzani said...

Congrutulations! So exciting. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Emily Widdison said...

congrats! Sooooo happy for you all! The peanut is adorable:)

Jessica said...

oh how exciting! congratulations. i bet makenna really will be a big help. grace has been the most helpful of all my kids with jane. it has been really sweet to see how motherly she is with her. i'm sure makenna will be the same way.

when is the due date??

The Cannon Family said...

How exciting! Hope you start feeling better soon!

Emma and Dan said...

Awesome! Congratulations. Hopefully the nausea will lighten up soon!

SOFTLEY FAMILY said...

Congratulations! We are thrilled to hear your news!!!

Becky J. said...

Yay! Congrats! It sounds like I am just 2 weeks behind you then! (Yeah, I haven't outed myself yet because I still look like usual. It's the one time I feel like it's a blessing to have a very long torso.) I hope the sickness goes away soon for you. What's your due date then? I think mine is Nov. 19th. I didn't want another fall baby, but you take what you get I guess. :)