Thursday, January 28, 2010

Our very own Simon Cowell

So if you ever want to know the real truth- even when the truth hurts... that's what our sweet and not so subtle Makenna is here for...

When questioned about her dad's newly grown facial hair, her response "IT"S DISGUSTING!"

While I was putting on some shoes for my date night, she says to me "Mom, do you think those shoes look good? Cause I don't think they look good."

And while flipping through her scrapbook this morning, she says "aww mom is so cute" and dad says "mom is always so cute" to which she says "yeah but she used to look a lot cuter"

ouch... aren't kids so much fun! I should add that she can be sweet when she wants to and she doesn't say these things to hurt us, she just says what she thinks- I think its the German in her genes.

4 comments:

Anne-Elizabeth said...

That is hilarious! I think so too about the genes, they are very forward :) Sometimes its painful!

Grandma Eilie said...

Ah - Kenna is adorable. I think it is the age, though. When I taught Kindergarten, those five year olds told it like it really was (according to their world). They are starting to enjoy thinking for themselves and they see no reason for disguising their impressions. That is why I should have written a book when I taught Kindergarten to record all the "insights" they share at that age. Kenna I love you!

Poppy said...

Jesse said to me a few weeks ago after looking at some pictures from our honeymoon, "you used to be a lot skinnier!" Yeah...that was 4 kids ago! Gotta love the honesty if for nothing else than to keep us humble!

jlthomas said...

I'll be careful what I wear around Makenna! Too funny!