Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Meeting Sadie


A couple weeks ago, I made the solo trip up to Canada to meet my newest niece Sadie Joy. She is a real cutie and it was so fun to hold a newborn again. I had planned on making the trip with Brielle- but at the airport we were informed she now needed a passport (there is a new rule as of June 1st but nobody told me) so poor Kevin had to scramble to be a full time dad and work while I was gone. He pulled it off with ease, I'm sure :) He is the best husband ever! Somehow, I also left my camera behind with my baby Brielle, but luckily Julie took some pictures on Sadies blessing day that I am "borrowing" so I can document that my trip did in fact happen :) I also was lucky to find time to make a cake for Sadie- you can check it out on my cake blog.
Me and my mom (the greatest mom a girl could ever ask for)
Me and Sadie (don't you love the bow)

The grigor boys and girl!
It absolutely broke my heart to not be able to bring my kids to come play with their cousins- especially Brayden. He idolizes his cousins. Just a few months though and we will see them again.

Me, Julie, Mom and Sadie

It was a really special trip. It's fun to move away and live in new places, but there really is No Place Like Home!

5 comments:

SOFTLEY FAMILY said...

What a beautiful baby! We need to get passports for me and all our kids. Dave is the only one who has one. It does seem crazy that we need passports to go to Canada. I also just adore your blouse!

jlthomas said...

What a huge smile that little baby has! Cute pictures! And how sad you need a passport for a baby!

susie harty said...

I have to make the same comment about the blouse. It looks great on you and I love the color.

Gina said...

That is so awesome you got to go spend time with your family! I just love sisters! I have to second Susie on the blouse. Love it on you.

Ames said...

Great pictures! That is so wonderful that you were able to go.