Monday, April 20, 2009

Brielle goes to Nursery!!!

Yesterday was Brielle's big first day of Nursery at church. It was a whole new experience for me too since for the first time I actually felt like it was too early- she's my baby and I almost want to keep her with me- thats a pretty significant "almost" though. I am glad to stop being that disruptive, discombobulated, frantic and frazzled mother trying to keep her toddler from playing the piano durring Sunday School and pulling off the tablecloth durring Relief Society. On the other hand though, sitting there in Relief Society with no baby felt awfully different- guess I better start bringing my manual.
As for how she handlied the transition- well of course she cried- and of course I came in to her rescue. I figured that since we don't have a regular nursery leader at this point there is no need to make her cry it out only to have to rebond to a new face next week. Anyway, Kevin came in with her the second hour and he was able to leave for a little while (snack time is always a pretty good distraction) but he did have to leave Priesthood near the end when he heard her wailing out in the hall. She wasn't really going for that "hold the rope and go for a walk" activity.
All in all it was about what we expected. Even if we don't get to attend our meetings- at least we can hang out with her in the nursery instead of the halls...
gotta luv her!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

precious

jlthomas said...

Luke starts on Sunday! And I too feel like he's too young, which I never felt like with the girls. He can't even talk yet and he's going to nursery? Jacob feels like he's plenty old since he gets stuck with him during priesthood and Sunday school while I teach primary.

Grandma Eilie said...

she's a cutie!

Ames said...

Yeah for Brielle!!! Only 7 more Sundays till Zac enters nursery (not like I am counting or anything).

Jessica said...

she's so cute! i can't believe she's already 18 months old. snack time is sophie's favorite part of nursery, too. :)