Friday, September 05, 2008

Inspired


So last night I was blog surfing and was inspired to try some new things with Makenna's hair (Thank you Rachel- the credit is yours- your blog is awesome). I have been feeling the need for quite some time to do something other than the good old two pony tail thing. The other day Makenna's little friend Emily said to her "My grandma says two pony tails looks like dog ears" and since that I think Makenna has been a bit self conscious about it. Anyways, low and behold there are tons and tons of little girl hairstyle blogs out there. It's fabulous. I tried one out this morning and I think its adorable. Now I just have to find a way to get her excited enough to holds still and tolerate it- any ideas?

6 comments:

Norlund Clan said...

It looks so cute. When I do Aurora's hair I find a show on tv that she like and let her watch it while I do it.

Norlund Clan said...

Here is another good blog with hair dos for girls: http://www.shedoeshair.blogspot.com/

Rachel Durazzani said...

Yay! I love it. It's one of my favorites. I'm glad you're getting into the hair blogs. They are SO much fun and have so many good ideas!
And as far as Hailey sitting still...she really is patient. Since she was born with SO much, she's been getting her hair done since she was 2 months old, so she's used it. HOWEVER, movies (Nemo in particular) are a big help. Plus anything she can play with (elastics, combs, lotion, etc) will keep her occupied long enough to sit still. I heard one recommendation to allow your daughter to organize the different elastics/bows/clips by color.
Okay, so for the book of a comment!

Rachel Durazzani said...

Oh, and yes, Stephenie Meyer is my cousin. Our dads are brothers. Cool huh?

Grandma Eilie said...

That style is adorable - how about some glitter spray now? Mom M

susie harty said...

Makenna looks so cute. I will have to see if Emma will let me try that style on her. She complains and cries if I try to do anything extravagant. But she likes looking at the finished project. Who knew she would be so vain? I think she takes after Will.