Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Weekend in Hershey

Last weekend we had a great time visiting good ol Hershey, PA. We went for Hershey's "sell day" and as an added bonus we got to visit with Oma at her new acreage. It was all a lot of fun (well mostly a lot of fun- the airport delays and added flights were not so fun.) For some silly reason though I didnt take my camera so a lot of photo op's were missed. Luckily though Oma always has her camera on hand, so here are a few snapshots:The tractor rides were a big hit of course- with kids both big and small :)

Oma kept the kids busy all day Friday so we could attend the various functions in Hershey. They got to decorate their own Christmas trees and make candy trains. Lucky kids!


This was taken at a restaurant in Elizabethtown called Gus's (a hidden gem popular esspecially to the senior citizen crowd where you can get a killer omelet and the most delicious caramel french toast ever). Kevin and I competed to see who could complete the word search on the kids menu the fastest. Its amazing that I am even including this photo since I lost...miserably :(


The kids got themselves a real "farm" experience- hauling hay in a wheelbarrow, riding in the back of a pick up truck (yikes) and riding horses.I think the highlight was the fishing for Kevin. This is a good shot because if you look up the hill you can see Oma's house in the background and the stable and barn to the left of it.

The highlight for me was actually not the horses or the fishing (shocking I know) but leaving my kids with their Oma every night and enjoying my stay at the luxurious Hotel Hershey, oh and the outlet shopping was pretty fun too.

5 comments:

Poppy said...

I'm so glad for the new post. It looks like you guys had a fun time.

Norlund Clan said...

Looks like you guys had fun. We will be heading out there next summer (July) it is the soonest we can. I can not wait.

tomwrx said...

It is so crazy to see all these pictures b/c we were actually there also. Everything seems so familiar. I don't know if we will end up out there for residency...but if we do, I think we are going to adopt Kevin's parents. Later.

Clemstock said...

Ya, if we do end up out there, Kevin, we are going hang with you parents and maybe try and see if we can work out some type of deal with Hershey too. Do you think Hershey would give us perks just because we know you? Maybe some free chocolate or Hershey hotel nights? I posted some pictures I took out there.

Julie G said...

So FUN! Looks like a great trip.