Saturday, October 20, 2007

BABY BRIELLE HAS ARRIVED!!!

We are so excited and happy to announce the birth of
Brielle Rose Brandvold
7lbs 14 oz
Born October 15th at 12:27pm
And here is her story...
We got the call from Labor and Delivery at the Utah Valley Regional Medical Center at 6 am. They told us they had a free room and a nurse so we rushed to the hospital to have our baby. We didn't expect the induction to happen that way so it made it a bit more exciting. By 7:30, I was getting my I.V. and getting ready to be in labour. The doctor arrived shortly thereafter and broke my water. I was suprised by what little pain I was in and I was holding off on getting the epidural (just to maintain mobility). However, the nurses kept getting upset with me because when I moved, their monitors weren't giving accurate readings so eventually I gave in and just got the epidural. By the time the anesthesiologist got there I was indeed having pain so it was good timing. Getting the epidural was the worst part of my labor (so I can't hardly complain). The anesthesiologist treated me more like a farm animal than a person. He was pulling me here and pushing me there and I always just feel nervous about the whole procedure. Once that was over, Kevin and I enjoyed a couple of episodes of Full House and Family Matters (daytime tv is really lacking these days) while waiting for me to dilate. I started to feel weird pressure around 11:30ish and the next time a nurse wandered in I asked her to check me and sure enough I was completely dilated. She went to find our nurse and call the doctor. When our nurse arrived around 12:15, she said the doctor was on his way. We were chatting when I told her I was feeling even more pressure, she took one look and actually said "oh my gosh" ran to the door and yelled out- "the baby is coming" (Apparently her head was already half way out). I was actually laughing at her at that point. It was pretty obvious this was a new experience for this young nurse who had told us just moments before that she had never had the experience of a doctor not making it in time. Some other doctor then came in and starting getting his "stuff" on and just then my Doctor arrived and told the nurses not to move my legs or the baby would come out. So the nurses put his stuff on and he told me to give a gentle push and out she came.
It was wonderful. Here are the pictures:




10 comments:

Amy and Cameron said...

Congrats! The pictures look great. What a happy family. Let us know if you need anything.

Tenay Jo said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for your new little addition. Your labor sounds so funny. I can't believe she was already coming out and nobody was ready for her. What a fun story.

Anonymous said...

She looks like Melissa, we think! So cute.

Rachel Durazzani said...

Congratulations! She's a doll. We need to come see her in person...

E-ca said...

Congrats Cuz! She is adorable. I will have to come and visit... one of these days :)
Love,
Erica

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you guys! She is so beautiful, and what a cute name. We are so happy for your family! 3 kids - how the time flies.
Love,
The Wolffs

Melinda Palmer said...

Congrats! She's beautiful. And now, after your story, I'm just hoping that my experience will be just like yours. That sounds like something I could manage. Although, I 'm sure it was worse than you actually made it seem! Hope everyone is doing well.

Ashlee Marie said...

She's beautiful! Congrats, and what a fun story to tell of her birth.

Clemstock said...

"OOOHHHHH" (I was making that sound while I looked at these pictures. I love seeing new baby pictures. You guys look great and happy. She is sooo cute. Love the picture of Melissa with the baby on her chest. So cute and cuddly.

Alyson M. said...

Yay, Melissa! Good job! I'm glad to hear your labor and delivery was a breeze. Brielle is beautiful. Who was your doctor? --am