Thursday, February 16, 2006

February Gazette

A Changed Man
What is up with Kevin you ask? Well it might be better said what is down with Kevin. In light of recent wisdom teeth extraction and colon cleanse, Kevin has shed almost 15 pounds. He feels quite pleased. To combat years of constant stomach upset, Kevin recently purchased (I like to think of it more as invested in) a colon cleanse sold over the internet. It claims to dispel the many parasites and other goo that lurk in our colons, thereby producing happier and healthier digestive tracts. The results thus far, for Kevin, have been anything but disappointing…one might even call them spectacular. Any skeptics of such “cleanses” can talk to him, because he is now quite a believer!

Bonding with our Family Physician
When I look back on the last four weeks, I can’t think of much that I accomplished, and in fact I am quite sure that there was very little other than the basic sustaining of life that I did accomplish. My calendar will prove that at least once a week I have taken one or both children to visit our family doctor. We’ve basically been fighting one cold after another with their accompanying ear infections and asthma attacks... I can’t say it’s been a lot of fun, but I won’t complain either. I am very grateful to the doctors and medications we have. We hate to have to use them, but we sure are glad they are there when we need them!

An Obsession with the Floor
I have begun the task of searching out a new flooring option to replace our existing linoleum in front entry and kitchen. I hesitate to mention the floor here because all whom I know, are quite tired of hearing about the topic. The truth is when you take the most indecisive person in the world and give her unlimited possibilities; it’s fair to say that you should expect delays in the making of any final decision. I only mention this here to say that, other than my kids, floors are all I think about these days- but I promise results by the next gazette… or at least the one after that.

Quite the Floater!
Brayden has been enrolled in his second session of swimming lessons for about a month now. He is enjoying the experience this time much more than last. He enthusiastically awaits each lesson and eagerly attempts everything the teacher asks. He is in the “floaters” class at the YMCA and I dare say he excels in every capacity. He has mastered the back float and the bob, and is making great progress in both front and back glides. It is a great deal of fun for him to attend and even for me to watch!

Makenna’s New Tricks
Makenna is learning new words and skills all the time. She tries to do everything Brayden does and refuses to be limited by her age. She loves books and her favorite one is a sign language book which is so cute to read with her. It is absolutely amazing how quickly she picks up on and can use the signs. Her best ones are “all done,” “daddy,” and “kitty.”

Babbling Brayden
Here are some of Brayden’s recent noteworthy quotes:

-One morning Brayden told me: “Last night when you and daddy were asleep my brother came into my room. He asked me if we could take care of him (and just when I thought this might be a spiritual epiphany, he says…) cause his family lives at Wal-Mart.

-Brayden asked one day: “When I cough, does my spirit cough too?”

-The following conversation occurred between two of Brayden’s play dough creations:
“Hey dad can I have some of your body?”
“sure son, what are you going to make”
“A baby sister—a boy one”

- Opening Brayden’s Valentines was quite an entertaining activity. With each Valentine, he asked Kevin who gave it to him and then he pretended to read aloud “Dear Brayden, Happy Valentines Day. I love you! Love, _____” The humorous part was the reflective and romantic sigh he gave after reading each of the 18 cards. It was too too cute!




1 comment:

Alyson M. said...

Brayden is a hoot. He's a precocious little boy, by the sound of these cute quotes.

BTW, that colon cleanse thing sounds pretty smooth. Ha ha. Glad Kevin is feeling good these days.